Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hazel Bug

The Strickland's are SMITTEN with Hazel.  She's fun, so pleasant, chubby, opinionated, and such a GOOOOOOD baby!  What a wonderful four months we have had.


Stats:
         Height: 24 3/4"-  72%
         Weight: 13 lbs 9 oz- 52%
         Head Circum: 16 1/2"-77%
(Shots are against Hazel's religion)  She made me feel sooo special.  Hazel hung out with Grandma after her shots so I could go to work for a few hours.  When I came back, no one could console her, but I held her and she calmed down.  It made me feel like she had been waiting for me.  

SIDE NOTE: I cannot even express how much I LOVE this man.  Dr Whiting is the best doctor I have ever worked with (I watched him for 3 years while I worked Mom/Baby at AF Hospital.  I knew if I ever had babies I would choose him.)  He goes above and beyond with everyone.  All the little things he does, finically, medically, (he remembers everything!), makes me want to never move so I can stay with his practice forever.




Her loves:

FORMULA!!  Meal time is serious and not a joking matter.  Take the bottle out of her mouth and discover the mighty wrath of HAZEL!!!

Her hands and feet are the most fascinating things to her.  Hazie's feet are always in the air!

I can't keep track of the amount of times I have looked at Hazel and her eyes were crossed eyed from looking at her hands.


Her feet are even in the hair when she sleeps.  This often presents a problem with long nights and urine creeping out her diaper and up her back.  Lots of sheet and clothing changes in the morning.





Her blanket.  (Bragging!  I made it!  God Bless You Tube and Pintrest and their tutorials on Minky and Ruffles.)


Her right ear.  Poor little ear is always folded over and red from her grabbing it.  At first I thought it was weird, but the doc said it was something she probably did in the womb.  (I think womb is a funny word. I'm going to go look it up and its origins.)



Miss Glow Worm.  (thank you Grandma Susan for buying this for her.)


Hazel LOVES Claire, when Claire isn't terrifying her.  Claire doesn't understand soft, or being quiet, or "Leave Hazel Be!!!"

THE FAN!  I believe the fan speaks to  Hazel in a way no one can.  And Asa.  Uncle Asa can calm my kids down, especially Claire, like no one except Brandon can.  I am going to plan my trips to Denver around the times when Asa is there.

 Her Binki is a must!  I'm a little (maybe a lot) scared of the time when the binki is given to the binki fairy

Something has to be in her mouth at alllll times.  Binki, fingers, stuffed animals





Things I love about her:




Hazel and I are buddies.  Miss H makes me feel like I am the only person in her universe.  She smiles whenever she sees me, even if she's been crying.  She holds my thumb and pinky while she eats.  If we nap together, she falls right asleep and snuggles right into me. It's nice to be loved.  


Miss Hazie is a wiggle worm.  She never stops moving.  Now I know why it was so painful to carry her.  She never stopped moving in my womb.  (meaning- place or origination and development. Old English wamb, womb "belly, uterus," from Proto-Germanic *wambo (cf. Old Norse vomb, Old Frisian wambe, Middle Dutch wamme, Dutch wam, Old High German wamba, German Wamme "belly, paunch," Gothic wamba "belly, womb," Old English umbor "child"), of unknown origin.)  Ok now we both have been educated.  

Hazel needs something in her mouth all the time and when that "thing" gets near her mouth she attacks it like a shark.  Think of a baby rooting and make it three times as aggressive, that's Hazel.  I laugh every time.

Hazie is a smile baby.  She's bright and sunshiny.  SHE IS SO HAPPY!!!




Being a momma is good.  It's not easy, and I have had my moments of hiding in the closet bawling, but all the good far outweighs the bad.

(Our crazy morning hair...well except Hazel)







2 comments:

  1. She is SO cute!! And I can't believe how big she is already! If you guys ever head up towards Salt Lake, let me know. We'd love to have you come see our new place so we can catch up!

    ReplyDelete