Friday, July 9, 2010

Head...Move! Now!

Claire is perfecto!  We went to her two month appointment on July 6.  She had a rough morning, crying if she wasn't held.   I think she sensed that she was in for a big afternoon, full of shots!  She cried all the way to the office, at the check in counter (the nurses felt bad for me and just took me back to a room), and she continued to cry when she got measured. 
Claire a two months
Weighs 10 lbs 10 oz and is in the 45% for weight
She is 23 inches tall and is in the 75% for heigh
Her head is large.... 85% for head circumfrence
The Martineau gene has overtaken...  Head!  Move!  Now! ....name the movie

 The moment that Claire's pediatrician, Dr. Michael Whiting  walked in, she stopped.  She talked to him, let him examine her ears, mouth and belly!  He said she was perfect!  After giving us some samples of formula (Yeah for free formula!), the nurse was sent in to give the immunizations.  

I laid Bear on the table and held her binki in her mouth and talked with her.  It was a delayed reaction, but her face made me sad and laugh all at the same time.  When she finally decided to cry, she looked at me like "What have you done woman!"  Then she cried with all the sadness in the world, and what did this loving mom do...laugh.  It was so dramatic I couldn't help myself.  Anywhoo, to say the least, she wan't a happy camper the rest of the day.  She loved taking a bath, it made her legs feel better, and she loved the new experience of taking Tylenol (Yummy for Claire!), but after three hours of non-stop crying, Claire Bear and I went to Allen's house so I could walk around the block and CLaire could see new faces to cry at.  Claire loves Allen.  Whenever he holds her, she stops crying...and stop crying she did.  She didn't want to go to anyone else the rest of the night, just Allen.  

                                           At least her outfit was cute for the doctor's office.  
            

3 comments:

  1. So cute...those sad little my-world-is-ending-because-you-let-them-give-me-shots cries are so sad and so funny at the same time. By the way, good movie :-) "So I Married an Axe Murder..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hoped to be the first to "name that movie", but it looks like someone beat me to it. :) But let the record show that I did know the correct answer! Also, if it helps you feel better, Emma's head is in the 90th percentile. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried all the way to the parking lot after my oldest baby's two-month shots. Drama Mama!
    & Poor Claire with The Big Head Gene - no cute baseball hats w/o an accompanying headache. ;(

    ReplyDelete